1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Rack and Pro Rack???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chev_4x4, Jan 5, 2008.

1. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Has anyone heard of Pro Racks. They are made in America, and look exactly like a Back Rack??? Just wondering if any one has heard of them?? I first found them on Ebay, then when I looked at the back rack page they listed http://bigboys-customtoys.com/Default.asp? as a web seller and they carry both brands.

2. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

sounds like a scam, Ive never heard of one.
  3. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Scam how? Which ones cheaper. There the exact same just different stickers.
  4. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

The pro rack is only $4 cheaper?
  5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Then do what you want. Its a sticker
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmm thats weird. I bet I know why back racks are 4 bucks more. Cause they had to pay for the extra letter to be vinyled. :drinkup:
  7. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

lmao now thats the truth
  8. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Regardless of which brand you choose, I bought my Back Rack from BBCT and can't say anything but great things about them.. Definiently a good dealer..:salute:
  9. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

I have a Back Rack and love it!!! What's $4.00? A gallon of gas now!!!:sleeping:
  10. TTA89

TTA89 Member

I have seen those on trucks but can't figure out what they are used for? :dizzy:
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I picked one up at an auction for $40 with 4 work lights on it. They are perfect for putting lights on, holding lightbars, resting ladders against, tieing stuff to,etc.
  12. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Commonly called a headache rack, to prevent a headache should your load come flying forward.
  13. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

My dad has a Back Rack on his truck and its made in Canada, then the Pro Rack says made in the USA, just wondering if anyone knew if it was the same company setting up shop here under a different name. Thanks for all the opinions.
  14. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

Hey Guys - Ask and you shall receive!

I was puzzled about this issue myself so I found you an answer!

The following is a email I received from the president of back-rack:

15. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Back rack is where its at. They are manufactured about 15 minutes away from where I live, good stuff.

16. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen the Pro rack on ebay as well. It is the same as the back rack. It just says Pro Rack. That style is nice, i like it better than the full one
  17. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

much thanks

appreciate the info, wish I would have thought of e mailing back rack.

as always PS delivers the answers
  18. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

No Problem chev, after you asked I thought it was kinda funny also so i looked in to the matter more
  19. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Thats interesting.
  20. The_Boss

The_Boss Junior Member

Sorry to bring this back up but I don't think what the president of BackRack wrote is correct. I believe that the president of BackRack is just looking to protect his business, so it is no surprise to me that he wrote what he wrote.

The units are nearly identical!!!