1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back rack adaptor

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blk90s13, Oct 21, 2009.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure it wouldn't be too terribly hard to fab up something to mount it on the rack. Although I would just buy the mount and not worry about it.
  3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

roof IMO..............
  4. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

it would look better if you put it on the rack
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I drilled holes thru the top bar of my backrack, bolted a steel plate to that which was the same size as the bottom of my lightbar, then bolted my lightbar to the steel plate. Been there for 3yrs with no problems.

Not the best picture.
  6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

thats the answer I wanted to hear Mark thanks thats what i will do then I dont see how can I pay $45 for a piece of metal that in the end wont fit my light bar perfect anyway

thanks I will just end up making my own bracket
  7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Your choice if you want to Perm mount it or keep with the magnets. IF your going to keep the light on your truck and keep the backrack on it... Do like Mark13 did... now if you want to keep it Mag Mount and there's a chance of taking the rack off the truck... Roof it. Keep the mags just be careful and make sure you put the bar on before the weather hits or you SOL on having a light.
  8. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I built my own back rack welded a steel plate and put my sho me magnet mount led mini bar on plate works fine.
  9. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

How fast have you driven with that mag mount?- Any problems with it staying put? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing.
  10. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Truthfully I did it over the summer and have had no problems I like being able to remove easily if I have to.