1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Plow Wanted

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Thelawnscaper, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Thelawnscaper

Thelawnscaper Member

I got a big dodge and am in need of a backplow, any offers or recomendations?

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Love the "stop strokin start cummin phrase" hope your not pushing that snow across street ? Big fines in my area for pushing across a public road! I'm in the northeast too where abouts are ya ??
  3. Thelawnscaper

Thelawnscaper Member

Beast in the Northeast

Located in Sudbury, MA, oh yeah and its ok to push across the street as long as you clean up, which I always do. Where are you located?
  4. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I'm up in holden ma. I got nailed a few storms back pushing across the street by a city inspector. He got pretty pi**ed off when I told him it didn't look like they had even plowed the street yet. He couldn't get out of there fast enough, with a 2wd p/u going up hill. I got a good laugh out of that
  5. Thelawnscaper

Thelawnscaper Member

Hahaha now thats what i want to hear, just turn him around and send him on his way, politely.
  6. snydermotive

snydermotive Junior Member

rear plow

on ebay some guy has a rear setup using an ag style plow mounted in a bracket he made that fits in the reciever. Go to your local farm store and get the plow then have who ever does your welding make the bracket and get a winch from northern tool or be creative and use a short hydralic cylinder and an electric pump on that is power up and down then you will have a down pressure system that nobody could top. Seems easy to me.
  7. newtosnow

newtosnow Junior Member

I have a Fisher plow, and welded tabs on the side of the blade, then bolted angle iron down to a cutting edge. Back dragging, it pushes against the trip spring mounts, and going forward, it just flips up out of the way and does nothing. I've had it on there for 2 seasons (out of 3...almost ready to change my user name) and have had no problems. I wish I could take a picture for you, but still trying to get my wife sold on the digital cam. idea.
  8. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Back plow

Try contacting Carlisle Welding in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I bought mine from them and its a very well built plow. Mine is 7'6" wide and about as tall as my Boss V blade. 616-281-9696
  9. capt.craig

capt.craig Junior Member

rear blade

I have a new used 1 1/2 months 8 ft rear blade with 2000lbs down pressure for sale $1500. US dollars I am selling because I need a salter more at this time. It saves alot of time and is well constructed.
  10. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Capt Craig:

Details please, and how bout a pic?