1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Pack Blowers for Snow Blowing Service

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Apex Snow, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Apex Snow

Apex Snow Junior Member
    from N.Y.

Was wondering if anyone out there used there back pack blower for snow blowing. I found it to work well and was good for blowing off cars, walkways, driveways and garbage can tops. Cleaned areas well and reduced the need for ice control materials.
  2. The Cowboy

The Cowboy Junior Member

I tried using a redmax 7000 blower last winter. It only works if the snow is very light. A backpack blower really cannot direct snow in one direction if it is over 1 inch deep or wet. In my opinion a toro 2 cycle works much better.
  3. Scott R

Scott R Member

We employe the use of several Sthil (spelling) BR4oo's, they work great, have had them for many years, we use them for clearing snow from railroad switches, the snow we see is typicaly very cold and light.
    (Fairbanks, Alaska)
  4. Apex Snow

Apex Snow Junior Member
    from N.Y.

Sthil Back Pack Blower

Thanks for the replys I did use my Sthil Back Pack last year work great for light snow. I also have a areins 2 stag walkbehind snow blower for the heavy stuff. Anyone use the walkbehind blower for snow billygoat 10hp type?