1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back in a Ford

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Just bought this today. The Dodge is gone.

Brand new left over 2011 F250 6.2 gas. Auto with manual option. Locking rear diff. Manual T-case. Trailer control. Got it for $29,000 before trade in discount.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I knew you'd come to your senses! Boss v plow next.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I always said I'm a Ford guy. I haven't had a F250 since I was 19. I did look at a 2012 with the plow prep, but the deal was better for this one. This one doesn't have a plow prep and likely won't plow.
  4. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Looks good man. What are the plans for it? And congrats on getting rid of the Dodge, I did and haven't looked back!
  5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Brand new left over 2011 F250 6.2 gas.

2013's are ready to come out .... Nice find.... Good luck with that. I also have a manual transfer case, locking rear a trailer control.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The plans for it are really just general purpose. Dump runs, road trips, house work, hauling landscaping stuff, towing my atvs. I doubt I'll plow with this one. Later I may look for a cheap government auction truck to plow with. I haven't pushed snow since the last big storm on Christmas 2010, so plowing is not at the top of the worry list. I'll put some little dress up things on it, pin striping, mud flaps, maybe some lights, etc. I'd like to put a factory chrome grill on it. I wonder what those cost.

I haven't even had this truck for 24 hours yet, but I can honestly say I don't miss the Dodge. I thought I would keep the Dodge forever. The Cummins is awesome, but the rest of the truck was so..so quality IMO. It gave me 9 years of trouble free service and I didn't think it owed me anything. There was a good list of things it needed. The dash board recently developed two big cracks in it (Dodge thing), the drivers seat was worn out, needed front pinion seal, needed new rear output shaft bushing and seal, needed rear brakes and likely needed injector work because of extended cranking to fire. The bed was also developing a rot spot and I haven't seen another Dodge do that down here. I guess the paint guys missed a spot inside the wheel well under the second skin.
  7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Nice truck!
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. Geez, the halls of plowsite sure are empty this time of year.
  9. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

If you get the chrome grill, get the fog lights too! Its a small detail but add a million dollars to the look!
  10. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck!
  11. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That is a nice looking truck !
  12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

hows the 6.2? havent driven one but considering that option should i get a bare bones truck for the mowing crew.
  13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I towed my 12x6 atv trailer today to do some house work. I barely knew it was there. It tows that trailer better than my Dodge did.

I like the 6.2 so far. I have only put 130 miles on it so far, but I'm very pleased with it. The 6 speed auto is nice.

It's got some extra interior options normally not on a bare bones XL, but I personally like the practical work truck look.
  14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Added a set of Dee Zee boards today and front mud flaps (hard to see against the tire) I think they look sweet. Debating on adding running lights to them. I have 6700 miles on it so far. I'm thinking about a Lund visor with marker lights now, but I've never liked drilling holes into the body of anything.....

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  15. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare Senior Member

How is the truck treating you for fuel?
  16. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Good pics. The marker lights would look good as well!
  17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It's not terrible. 12-16 depending on my driving style. This truck will cruise just fine at a low rpm without "chugging" and the mpg's get pretty good. The onboard mpg gauge is really accurate when compared to hand calculated.
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

4 amber marker lights on each one should be good without looking over done.
  19. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

I think you will come to despise those running boards with snow, the stock plastic ones that came on the superduties were a death trap, i took them off of every truck. They pack full of snow right up against the cab and it becomes a nightmare to get in and out of the truck. Just my 2cents but good luck and nice truck!
  20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I can see that happening, but we really don't get enough snow here in NC to even remotely worry about that.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013