1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back flow issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Greenstar lawn, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

04 2500hd silverado
    last two fill ups my tank has only allowed me too fill up in like 1/2 gal. Incraments and i have to sit there and let the gas drain into the tank in order for me to keep pumping. Took 10 min to put in 11the gal of gas. Any help?

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Vent valve? There are known issues with them and there is a re-route available. Local dealer should have the parts available.

3. Greenstar lawn

Thanks i will head up to the dealer and see what they say

4. RSPM

RSPM Junior Member

slow fuel fil

GM ha TSB on it just google P0446 EVAP VENT SOLENOID sent you a pm kit per tsb is 170.00 exact solenoid for a 2006 suburban 34.00

5. Greenstar lawn

Can u resend thay. For some reason i didnt get it. Is it $170.oo for the part?

6. RSPM

RSPM Junior Member

vent

replacement solenoid at dealer is around 170.00 plus 10 ft 5/8 heaer hose and 2 hose clamps

that is the repair GM suggest per Technical Service Bulletin for slow fuel fill check engine light code P0446

replace solenoid valve and relocate vent
    vent valve solenoid is located on rear of fuel tank where it sucks dust and plugs up after several years worse tf you drive on dirt roads more often

just did mine but found vent valve for 2006 suburban is the same as the one your replacing part was 34.00 at Oriellys including 6 inches of 5/8 heater hose and 2 hose clamps

as for me original lasted 70000 miles spending the extra money to get the part from GM was not worth it

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The relocation is joke and useless. Ive done a hundred of these and never ever seen one plug up with dirt / mud gm just makes a ****** valve. Dont buy the kit, buy the other valve and use heater hose as already stated. The ohter vent valves will snap on to ur old filter. Just need the hose from the canister to the new valve.

8. Greenstar lawn

Hey guys i haven't got around to fixing it yet but would this cause my truck to shut off? Now when the truck starts it dies as soon as the rpm drops. The battery and altenater tested fine

9. brad96z28

No. Does it run with ur foot on the gas?

10. Greenstar lawn

Yea as long as its over 1k rpm. Also now that its warm it idles fine?

11. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Is it throwing any codes?

12. Greenstar lawn

Well before i exchangedmy battery yest it was throwing an evap code but now the check engine light is off since i put the new battery in it

13. brad96z28

Well there you go, If u disconnected ur battery U lost ur memory for your idle.