1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back draging with a wide out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by vinny69, Sep 7, 2009.

1. vinny69

vinny69 Junior Member
    from canada

can you back drag with a western wide out and if you do does it void the warranty ? And also can you put a back dragging edge on it. Thanks for your input.
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have done some backdragging with the wideout, and because of its sheer weight it is awsome at it.... you also take a 10ft pass payup........I dont know about the warranty thing, but I would imagine that unless it is excessive backdragging you do with it, that really shouldn't be a concern. I have looked (not very hard though) for backdrag edges for the wideout, and havent seen anything. With the way that the wing edges slide in front of the main edge, there shouldn't be a problem with putting one on a wideout.....I am curious to hear if anyone else has done this or thinking about doing it...........BTW, welcome to Plowsite
  3. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Yes you can back drag with a Wide-Out and they do make a back drag edge for it.