1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back dragging

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by chitown sparky, Dec 24, 2009.

1. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have a new 8'2" ploy V XT and can't seam to get the plow adjusted right so the front blade touches the ground instead of the back blade am ready to take it off

2. Deco

Deco Senior Member

remove the shoes .......all 3

also make sure the truckside mount is 15 1/2 " from the ground

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. chitown sparky

I don't have shoes and the truck mount is at 15" that is the highest it can go it is touching the frame . I tried to adjust the bolt in the middle of the plow but can't seam to get it when i adjust it it looks right with the blade sitting on the ground in all positions but when i back drag just the corners of the back drag blade hit the ground and then the plow rides up on the snow the front blade has not even touched the ground yet and the back blade is all the way up thanks for the help and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Do you have any weight in the back? I have to put my weight in the back just to hook up. I'm inbetween frame bolt holes on mine so I just add my ballast and I can be right at 15 1/2

5. chitown sparky

I have about 800lbs in the back