1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back dragging

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by skferreri, Feb 16, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

looking for a better back drag plow. what back drags better between chainlink or pump(western or boss)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More info.Are you talking about a Boss plow?

Welcome aboard!:waving:

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

The only plow that ive used that backdrags really well is a hiniker C plow they work awesome for backdragging.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What I usually do, and it works fairly well for me is, drive in drop the plow, and back blade out until I am out in the road, then with the plow still down I drive forward until I am about 3 feet from the garage door, then I pick the plow up, drive ahead about a foot, then drop it again and back blade out. Then I redo the steps again on the other side of the driveway. Like I said it works pretty good.

Ryan

6. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Thats what I do as well, but be careful I pealed up some hardpack one time and almost put it into the garage door!

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah I go really slow when I am pushing towards the door just for that reason.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get a Sno-Way with the down pressure. No going forward to break it up and several trips in and out to get it clean. Drop the blade, hit the DP switch, back up and your done. Clean the snow at the end of the driveway and off to the next one.

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

A sno-way has what 250 lbs of down pressure? plus plow weight is what? apx. 490lbs=740lbs
    most of your Boss & Westerns weigh about that.

Does the down pressure really work that well?

Yon

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

C- Plow

This works better than anything ive ever used before.

cplow[1].jpg

11. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Nice!!!!!!

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually the DP adds over 500 lbs. in addition to the weight of the blade.