1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back dragging

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimateinc, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

does anyone feel there v blade does not back drag as well as a straight blade? or is it just mine ? I have a western mvp just seems it doesnt back drag as well as my straight blade and they all have new cutting edges.
  2. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

dont get me wrong i love the V plow but i feel all in all it doesnt scrape as good as my old straight blade... which is weird being heavier
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

My boss doesn't back drag great, but it's not bad. My snoway is a different story, down pressure and V is the best of both worlds.
  4. espyj

espyj Member

My Hiniker V doesn't backdrag worth a darn. Hiniker offers backdrag blades for the V now for $300 installed. I'm pretty tempted to make that investment with all of the residential drives I do
  5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Have any more info on them? I'm in the same boat.
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

are the attack angles on V blades the same as the straights?
  7. espyj

espyj Member

No additional info. My dealer just said he could get them. Not sure if it is a Hiniker or aftermarket part
  8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

My Western MVP Plus plows backdrag great! The old style Unimount MVP's don't. I'm assuming you probably have an old style.
  10. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

11. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

yes brant's mine is the old style mvp. did they make some big changes to the new ones ? also i was wondering if i could custom fab mine to make the new wings that can go on the new mvp fit my old one. im not sure if you have wings but i see they just connect to a bar on the back of the new mvp's . was wondering if i could fab up something to make them fit mine, but someone told me the new mvp's may have a different shape to the way there curved. seeing you have a new mvp do you think i could make them work ??
    thanks for any info.
  12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

My VX-T back drags great, much better than my old Western. After dicking around with different positions you can put it in while back dragging, a straight seems antiquated by comparison.
  13. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

:dizzy: I didnt notice, good call! Hmmmm I wonder how much is left behind in the center with those mounted on a V plow.... :eek: