1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back dragging without smart rams

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by superdutypsd, Nov 4, 2015.

1. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

Last year updated to a new VXT, noticed when back dragging at times id have a wing pulling forward,which ever side was having pressure onit, you guys have any tips for back dragging with out smart locks, for it been a new plow i wish boss would have just included them

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just come in an angle and let the wing pull toward then go back

3. superdutypsd

That what i usually do id come in and angle the blades back in v a little, some time it catch and pull one side almost all way forward, other times it catch start pulling the blade forward and the side would bounce back / fling back. What would be better you think smart locks or just adding a back dragg blade, as i do very little back dragging

4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

If you got it last year it should have come with them standard.
    I have a backdrag edge on my vxt makes a big difference

5. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

What kind of back drag edge do you use?

6. superdutypsd

Thats what i thought too, it would have been standard with it, but when i looked at them it doesnt say anything or anywere on them that there smart lock i will have to look again when i get home

7. superdutypsd

I believe they make a big big difference i was watching this video and it shows how great they are, this guys set up is identical to me from the truck to the plow with the exception of the back dragging blades

8. superdutypsd

What kind and how much are they for the one you guys are using, for minimal back dragging should i just invest in smart locks if i dnt already have them, or a back blade, or both !!

9. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I have a few pics from last year I will post. I got it from backdrag edge or backdrag blade .com whichever one has a sponsorship here.

10. superdutypsd

Ok ill look them up and a picture would be great

11. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Www.backdragblades.com
    I am not sure if they make one specifically for the vxt, my dealer had to do some fab work I think.
    The vxt is really terrible at back dragging stock, it is too light. This helped quite a bit especially after a few storms when it sharpened up and had a more aggressive angle.
    You should call your dealer or boss you should be able to get a free set of smart locks no questions asked. What's the mfg date on the plow?
    Anyways I don't have any before pics but here's a couple on a light snow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like the poly is separating from your frame . Or am I looking at this wrong ?

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sure looks like it.

14. superdutypsd

My VXT was brand new last season from the dealer, i cant figure out how to post a picture here from my phone or else id put a picture of the rams up here to see

15. superdutypsd

As stated this boss VXT was bought brand new from the dealer last year this is the rams that came with it

image.jpg

16. superdutypsd

Here is a clearer picture of the numbers

image.jpg

17. superdutypsd

I dnt know why it keeps loading the picture all couldy like thats, anyway im pretty positive they are not smart locks and the the plow is only a year old

18. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Did Boss fix your poly under warranty ?

19. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

I'm not sure about this, but as of last year I think only the DXT comes standard with smartlocks and the VXT's you half to pay to upgrade to, they wernt a standard option to my knowledge. I have smartlocks on my Dxt and the cylinders have stickers saying smartlock on then, hope this helps

20. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Yeah it was. Few self tappers and a couple carriage bolts and she's good.