1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back dragging with a v plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Henry, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Henry

Henry Member

Can any v plow owners tell me if it's better or worse back dragging compared to a straight blade?

I was thinking that if you start at the garage with the blade staright then go to the scoop position once you have the room this would push the snow out to the sides instead of building up under the a-frame. (inhale)

What do you think?

2. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

A straight blade with a back drag works best but a V plow still gets the job done. My v tends to float over the snow when back dragging more often than my Western straight blade. I use a Boss V plow and a western straight and do about 30 drives. My sub uses a Western V and gets the same results as my Boss V. Last year I used a U-edge on my Boss and was very disappointed in the way it back dragged.

3. Henry

Henry Member

Anyone else? I have to make a decision tonight whether to go with a western straight or a boss v.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Go check out the Sno-Way V plow. It has down pressure which for back dragging is awsome. It can load the load in reverse and case the weight of your truck on to the plow. I have used the Sno-Way for 8 seasons and love it. They make everything from tiny upto industrial city plows.