1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back dragging blade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cgillispn, Apr 27, 2004.

1. cgillispn

cgillispn Member

is this a back dragging blade? if so, how well do they work and where can i get one?

Attached Files:

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

could not see it to good on the westerns they offer an optional back dragging blade or you can go with a rear plow they work well

3. cgillispn

cgillispn Member

sorry about that, try this picture

untitled4.bmp.jpg

4. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Yup, sure is. I have one on my Western. When backing up the blade will flip up (away from the truck) and make a nice straight edge to scrape with. They work well, not perfect but a whole lot better than not having one. I would recommend one if you are back dragging a lot.

I had a local welding shop make mine.

Joel B.

5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

whats the dimensions on that blade and how much weight did it add?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  6. DJL

DJL Senior Member

We have two plows. Both pro plows with the ultra mount. One is an 8' on a 3/4T GMC crew cab w/ backdrag edge and the other is a 7.5' blade on a 3/4T Chevy ext. cab w/o the backdrag edge.

IMHO, I believe the difference is very clear when the backdrag edge is used. It seems to scrape to near bare pavement more efficiently then the one without. Granted the 8' does also have a little more weight to so that does aid it. Just my two cent opinion from someone who has compared them side to side.