1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Dragger????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIG DRIFT, Jan 7, 2006.

1. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

who makes the best Back Dragging plow?? I will need it for Residential drive ways.

Thank you BD

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Hiniker. I have never seen one but if back dragging was a priority i would buy one.

3. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

Thank you joe. Happy new year.

BD

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Yes search under the Hiniker forum and those guys will tell you how awesome the plow is. BUT if you already own your own plow than just have a backdrag blade added on to it. Mine was just a new cutting edge that pivots off some hinges that were welded on where the shoes used to be.When plowing forward it swings back but when you drop the blade down the plow rests on the edge and really digs in.

5. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

I have used your system before when it was all we had. I'm going back into snow removal and have seen back draging plows in action at the condo i lived in, They pulled the drives in one pass to the tar.

I like something like the snowman style but i'm not sure if theres some out there that are better then the other.

The hiniker is nice but it looks like if it breaks down you cant even plow forward.

I do like there scoop plow and will look for that when i start doing parking lots.

Thanks and Have a great New Year:)

BD

6. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Even if the "C" cylinder or flip over cylinder would fail you can manually put the top of the blade in the push position and then bolt the top half to the push frame assembly so it can't flip over. They ship the plows this way so it stays upright without the hydraulics hooked-up. The split trip edge also is great since only half the blade trips if you hit something small. I have owned an HDX C-plow for 3 years now and love it. I am actually selling the truck and switching over to a V-plow since I now sub all my driveways and only do commercial lots, but I'm sure I will miss the back-drag.

7. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

Very Interesting.

thank you

BD

8. How about this

How about a backblade/ rear plow

9. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

Thats what i'm asking about. I would like to know about the couple ive seen in adds here how are they holding up.

BD

10. addicted

addicted Senior Member

Check out sno way with the down pressure.

11. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

12. mole

mole Senior Member

I own a daniels when you put it down the down presure lifts my truck a ford f250 superduty ext cab. the thing is nuts. only used it twice so far because of lack of snow here and everywhere else in the u.s.

13. Great

I built my own and it holds up GREAT! It works great! DO IT!

14. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I have an Arctic "Plow Partner" back-plow, I bought it used last season. It works well, saves a bit of time and scrapes good. I priced other new back-plows at the time and the Arctic was priced the best by far. They seem to a simple design that works.

15. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

This is my issue with rear plows, you pass the driveway, back up, drop blade and pull out, lift blade and turn around, drive back in and push the snow off to the side. I just don't like the turning around part. I think if you were allowed to put the snow in the street they would be great, and I think they must be great for loading docks, and drive-thru's, I just don't get it for driveways.

It's all about getting your money's worth. $275 for the backdrag edge (residential)and $200 for the prowings (commercial.) Dollar for dollar these two items have made me money for very little invested.

Can the same be said about a rear plow?

16. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

They would pull one time on are drives to the tar. They would put it in the road and the scoop plows would take it from there.

I need to get the snow out of the driveway an into the street to put it at the curb.

I watched my mother in laws drive get done once. She has a double wide with a hill, it took the guy back dragging a push plow 15 times and there was still hard packed snow on the driveway:dizzy:

I know if he had a PULL PLOW it would have got all the snow with less times going back and forth.

BD

17. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

Daniels looks good, i can take it from truck to truck easily. I have two different trucks. I have a 250 Dodge and a 150 V8 ford so putting a good plow on would be hard for the ford but a 300 pound pull plow looks to be the ticket.

Does anybody know what they go for???

BD

18. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

snowman pull plows are to only ones with a tripping action to my knowledge, and they have models that work with spreaders.

19. next time

Next time it snows, I will have someone record with my digiatal camera and i will email anyone interested. Honestly, it saves TONS of times and makes a much cleaner scrape.

20. BIG DRIFT

BIG DRIFT Member

I agree. I have seen theses in action on light to heavy snow, they do work well.

BD