1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wahlturfcare, Jan 18, 2007.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i've posted pics before of the back drag i made(similar to bdb?) but decided to shoot a cheezy vidoe of if being used to clear gravel. works great. will try to get a good one of concrete later. go to
    http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/wahlturfcare/ for pics and videos of it. I will be adding other stuff and different blade setups later.

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Cool. Looks like it scrapes well. Can I ask who makes that backblade, or did you fabricate it yourself? BTW, if you make another clip, have a friend film it while you back out. :)

3. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

nice job, that is still on my LOSTD

4. wahlturfcare

dack drag

I built it myself out of 3/8s hot rolled. so far i've been very pleased with it. my other truck i like using more, but not now since it doesnt have a back drag and it sucks doing multiple drags with it. it also works very well with packed down snow.

5. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

Back drag blade is 100% a worth while investment for anyone doing a lot of dead-end areas.

But....I love my Snowman Pull-plow. I do residential driveways, last night i pushed (actually pulled) a few drives. 3 cars wide. Took less than 2 minutes to make em squeaky clean.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks just like Western's backdrag.

7. wahlturfcare

Epic, western's are fixed underneath.

8. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

How did you know where to weld brackets that hold backdrag? I would like to build one of these or have one built for my Boss.

Does the weight of your plow sit on that backdrag when it is lowered? It sure looks like a nice way of doing it!!

Thanks!
    Randy

9. wahlturfcare

what i did was make the brackets that bolt to the plow first, then tacked welded the hinges to the cutter blade. Yes, the weight of the blade holds the plow down.

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

My back drag edge pivots on the trip edge cleves pins. When you're pushing snow, it just floats on the surface when you back up, it pivits into the near vertical position, it does a real good job with scraping. The back drag angle also helps to prevent the plow from being lifted with the buildup of snow on the backside.

Back drag pushing.jpg

Back drag in use.jpg

Plow controler 001.jpg