1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by B&K LawnCare, Dec 19, 2006.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

I have a jeep with a 7ft standard western plow on it. I would like to get a back drag for it, what do I need to do and were do I buy a good and resonable priced.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

All the ones I know about are made by the plower or at a welding shop.

3. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

I know there is at leastone company that makes a hydraulic power trip for the front cutting edge to make it mor effective for back dragging. It is around 1200 dollars, but people I have talked to that have it swear by it. I just can't recall the manufacturer. If I do, I'll repost and let you know. I know it uses the stock pump on the plow, a new valve, and seperate switch

4. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Don't know if they offer one for your particular blade or not, but I know it's an option on some Western blades. Check with your Western dealer. I've never used one, so I can't speak to their effectiveness. . . .

5. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

backdragsnow.com

Go to www.backdragsnow.com. They make a blade for the western pro plow. It works great and its heavy duty 3/8 thick steel. They run $168.00 for a 7-6" Western pro plow.

6. starc

starc Senior Member

Or you could spend a morning in the shop and make it yourself for $20

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

B&K, if you look in the western plow section there will be a folding one that a goy had done(cant remember name), but im going to make on like his for mine as it looks like it would last alot longer than boughten ones.

8. starc

starc Senior Member

9. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

check with your local steel mfg. shop. we have ours made for about 100, won't plow without one myself.