1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag / Snow blow residential method

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickSnow&Mow, Jan 10, 2015.

1. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I like it. But it needs a cab for me to run it, way to cold lately.
  3. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

I like it!

That's a nice set up! Do you feel there are advantages to your method as opposed to a inverted blower on the back and a bucket on the front?
    I see the inverted blower not working well in very deep snow and drifts
  4. NickSnow&Mow

I think the only real advantages are that a pusher can hold a lot more snow than a bucket of course. Another advantage the pusher/puller has over the bucket is lots of weight on the front end for steering, cutting into snow, and helping the 4x4. On such a little tractor I think the advantage of having a regular rear blower is that if the snow is ever crazy high and you can't back over it you just use the blower. We are trying to get our hands on a little 64 or 72" inverted to see if we like it. I fully agree that a 90hp tractor with an inverted will out perform this any day.
  5. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

You ever have traction issues? I put chains on my MF1540 tractor with R4 treads because they are so hard that they weren't that great on hard pack/ice. The chains make the ride a bit bumpy, but it's pretty much unstoppable.
  6. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Nick. Looks like a good setup for a small rig. What pusher is on the front? Your a hell of a lot tougher than I. I would be in a heated cabThumbs Up
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  7. NickSnow&Mow

we have super skinny row crop ag tires. Never been stuck or slid around at all.
  8. NickSnow&Mow

Thanks haha I like to say cabs are for women and old guys but truth is id have one of I could afford a factory one lol. The pusher is a cotech that we rigged to face backwards. Got a great deal on it. It's a brand new 2010 that never sold so we got it for $1100 instead of $3000. I forgot to mention everything has poly edges.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Good video ! You have a nice setup for driveways , fast , smooth , looks like it works excellent . Get a cab in a few years and grow your business . Good luck . Thumbs Up
  10. NickSnow&Mow

Thanks! thats what I plan on doing. Dad says I have to be at least 16 to deserve a cab lol
  11. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. Stupid question from one who runs a truck. Why are you dragging out into street and then blowing back into yard? Why don't you back into driveway and blow from driveway into yard? Cut out a step and increase speed/get more done. I'm sure there is a method to the madness, I'm just ignorant when it comes to ag tractors.
  12. NickSnow&Mow

haha No problem I dont know much about truck plows. The reason is if you simply drive in backwards with the blower it leaves a small pile of snow at the end by the garage door. for some reason you can never get 100% of the snow in the blower before the end of the drive so it leaves a pile. Another reason is so you're not always kinking your neck looking behind you, but that only applies for rear blowers. Another reason is that even though there are 2 steps instead of one you can drive much faster with a plow/pusher than you ever could with a blower. Its hard to believe but this system is almost twice as fast as just using a regular rear blower (ive tried it). The main reason is the pile at the end, this is why people use inverted blowers otherwise they probably wouldnt even exist. Hope that clears things up.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  13. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, thanks. Makes perfect sense. I knew there had to be a reason, I just didn't know it.
  14. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

Good video! Nothing like playing in the snow :D
  15. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

laurin makes cabs up your way, think it would be money well spent
  16. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice set up but I notice you don't look both ways when you are backing out into the street. Bad habit.
  17. NickSnow&Mow

.... Watch it again. Only once did I not check when I should have.
  18. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I saw you look. but not both way's. just don't want you to get hit
  19. NickSnow&Mow

Ok ya good point I didn't look both ways every time. I'll think about it more when I'm out there. Thanks
  20. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec