1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag Question...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ThatGuySnowPlow, Dec 14, 2015.

1. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

I was wondering if it is bad on a plow to back drag without the appropriate back drag blade?

2. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

I backdrag with no backdrag blade without an issue. It does the job but a blade would Prob leave better results.

Matt

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Why would it be bad?

4. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons Junior Member

is there any other way to drag snow away from the garage and down the driveway?

5. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

No there isn't but I was just making sure. I see so much hype about buying the back drag blade so just had to ask...

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

No - Thumbs Up

7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

The backdrag blade just helps scrape a little better because it's angled back so digs in a little better than the plow's own edge. The lighter the plow is, the more effect a back drag edge would have because a heavier plow won't float over the snow as much.