1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag option for pusher ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 3311, Sep 25, 2008.

1. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Does anyone here use a back drag atatchment for their pusher ??
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't the down pressure from your rig give you enough of a scrape when you're back dragging? I would think it'd be a non-issue :confused:
  3. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Triton I have considered adding a back drag kit to one of my pushers. My concern was that you have to curl the bucket all the way over (which slows you down) and most of the kits do not look like they carry snow. They are just an edge and not a full top enclosure. You might be surprised how well you can back drag by pulling up to something lowering the pusher and going in reverse. Pushers are made to go forward but I have backdragged w/ my skidsteer mount pushers and they did agood job.
  4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Yes, you can add a backdrag kit to your pusher and they also have an option for an enclosure kit. At least you can on a Pro-Tech.
  5. 3311

3311 Senior Member

My pusher is 3.5 ' deep so that means the closet I can get to a building is about 4' . So it is an issue if I want to clean close to the building.