1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag on Fisher HT

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BMonaco, Oct 14, 2016.

1. BMonaco

BMonaco Junior Member

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone out there has installed a back drag on their HT. I am looking to install one but I have seen a couple of different options out there, one being a piece of bent angle iron that mounts behind the existing cutting edge. The other I have seen is a cutting edge custom made to hang off the back of the blade. I will find a couple pictures of each so everyone knows what I am talking about, just curious if anyone has had any experience with them. Thanks! s-l500.jpg Picture%20066.jpg

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I'd go with the one that goes on the trip edge, because the other one might bend/break if you trip the plow and the separate back blade hits the object that tripped the blade. Plus the weight of the plow will be on the trip edge blade; the other one looks like it will fliat with the plow as you back up.

3. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

I have a fixed back drag on my Snowdogg MD75, like the first one pictured. It works wonders for me and I wish I got it sooner. It's pretty heavy and the extra weight is a welcomed bonus.

I have seen many hinged versions in my area. They don't pose much problems unless you back drag over a raised obstacle and bend the back drag blade.

4. RegalLawn

RegalLawn Junior Member

5. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

There is no one local in New Jersey, New York, that can build and install a back drag blade on a 7.5 ft Fisher plow