1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag for unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skip44, Dec 3, 2012.

1. skip44

skip44 Junior Member

Is there a back drag available for a unimount? The only thing i see listed in plow parts book is for ultra mount pro, poly pro, and pro plus blades.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is

3. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

4. dieselss

Are they ?? How do we know ?

5. birddseedd

could call a dealer and ask for a part number for a unimout edge, and for an ultra mount edge. if the part numbers are the same then the bolts are in the same places and it would work. if part numbers are different chances are they changed the bolt pattern. i cannot imagine they would. but that is a surefire way to find out.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  6. dieselss

look up cpw,,or angelos supply,,mills supply no need to call.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

the Western back drag edges don't make any difference if you have unimount or ultramount or even conventional for that matter. just depends on what blade you have. for instance a 7-1/2' works for the std, pro, std and pro poly, and even the pro plus.

8. birddseedd

so then the back drag edge western sells will work on all their plows (of the same length)? i thin is what will answer the OP's main concern

im told by the back drag blade guy that western's edge, leaving a crevace under the plow, packs in snow and lifts the plow a bit.

i dont knwo if its true. but i fell for it and bought one :D ( think it might be an issue with wet snow more than powdery stuff)

9. dieselss

Well post the answer to your q? When u use it tell us if it makes the plow raise up

10. birddseedd

i do plan on making a video to see what you guy's think of it. the video on the guy's site really sucks.

but iv never used the western one so i dont know if what he is saying is true. i do recall someone on here saying he has never noticed that problem.

11. dieselss

Well just post on ur backdrag blade ans don't worry bout the western one

12. birddseedd

if we ever get any snow.... theres frickin grass growing. not kidding. did some weeding yesterday. there was new growth.

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, the OP's question is answered. it depends on the blade, and he hasn't said what blade he has yet. If it's an MVP unimount, for instance, there's not back drag edges for it. Likewise there aren't any 6-1/2 or 7 footers.
    as for the question about snow getting packed in between the back drag and the wear bar.. no, I've never heard of anyone complaining about that before. In fact I've never had anybody even ask about that before. I'm sure it hasn't been an issue.

14. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I doubt that would be a problem since the blade attack angle would help keep it down.

15. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

right. sounds like marketing hype from the other manufacturer.

16. birddseedd

ya probably.

17. skip44

skip44 Junior Member

Thanks for the help.. My concern was if there is a difference between the ultra and unimount back blade.

18. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

check my first response skip44