1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Nov 2, 2008.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Is anyone running a back drag edge on there 8'2'' vee? I have a 07 vee, and I need new cutting edges and was thinking while the old ones are off and the new ones are getting ready to be put on why not get some back drag edges. Can anyone post pics of theres on there vees. Or is there any company anyone would recomend? I've seen a company on here with some for like 150 bucks or so. Thanks

Ryan

2. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

was wondering the same thing...

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

So no-one runs a back drag edge on there vees?

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

no, i dont do too much back dragging though, but i would also like to see whats offered and some prices and real world testimony...

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Come on guys. There has to be someone out there that runs a back drag edge on there vee. Anyone anyone, fry, fry FRY!

6. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

Count me as yet another one interested in hearing if others have had success with a back drag edge on a Boss V... Power-V XT, in my case... :D

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

a guy just had good pics of his back edge on here but i cant find it Sorry:alien:

8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

GRN MTN made one. He made his back drag edges that are hinged. I dont remember seeing anyone with the hinged edge on a V and i dont know how and if they will work on a V. The hinged parts are on the ends of the cutting edges. And being that a V has 2 cutting edges i dont know where you would put the hinges in the middle. You would have to look at it and figure a way to hinge the cutting edge in the middle. They also might sell the ones that bolt up to it with out the hinge. I have only seen those on the straight blades. Maybe that will be easier to make something out of that one.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i just installed a back drag edge for this season. i have heard alot of good things about the from local plowers, that is one of the reasons i went with one. the other was i was replacing my cutting edge and needed new bolts, which come with the back drag edge.

10. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Can you post some pics of your back drag?

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes please post some pics on here. Also where did you get your back drag edges?

12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Bump..........