1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edges

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blee1ash, Mar 21, 2006.

1. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Has anyone tried the back drag cutting edges available from Western. Do they work, or do you know of anything else that works good for back dragging residental driveways? Looks like these should eaisly bolt on to other brand plows also.

2. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

I used them. They are pretty weak. The metal is only 1/4 inch thick and soft. What type of plow do you have? I make a better back edge. That fits a western. If your interested let me know.

3. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Do they help much when back dragging?? I would possably be intrested, depending on price. I have a 8' Hiniker straight blade.

4. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Here is the link to the one I bought from Aspen Equip.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=30352&highlight=bdb
    If that doesn't work do a search on backdrag blades. If you have a welder you can make one other wise there is a guy in Rosemont that makes them and installs the for around 250 bucks.

5. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Do you have a name or phone # for the guy in Rosemont?

6. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

Not for Hinker

sorry have been out of town last two weeks. The edge I make is only for western plows.

7. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

We have the backdrag blade attachment on our new Pro+ and I am not really fond of it. I have several V-blades Western (heavier) only by 100 lbs or so and they actually drag the snow back, the backdrag attacment on the Pro+ seems to just flatten the snow out and doesn't drag as much back. Just my 2 cents
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

8. Alaska Tim

Alaska Tim Member
    from Alaska

Aj

AJ-let's see what you offer. Can you post a pic & cost est. thx

9. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I will get it for you. A friend had one done a couple months ago. I just got back form Maui. Needless to say but no thoughts of snow down there.

10. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I have the guys name & # but I don't want to put it on this page and your PM's are turned off. turn them on and I'll send it to you
    Bryan