1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RTW5150, Dec 11, 2005.

1. RTW5150

RTW5150 Junior Member
    from IL

Have any of you tried the Western back drag cutting edge?
    If so, what are your opinions? Thanks!
  2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I have used it an did not like it. I don't think its much different then without it. It get packed full of ice and snow and chatters on dry or icy pavement. Look at the pics I posted under Bdb... If you haven't already. Every time you replace your cutting edge you have to replace your "OEM" back drag. On the pro plus which I have the snow collects under the U channel.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I have been considering a back drag blade too. However, if you say they are worthless I'll take your word for it. I did see those pics. you posted on the flip blade and it looks pretty slick. Do you know where I can start looking? I hate to have to talk to a welder and lay my plow up for a day or two. Ideally, I'd like to buy one somewhere.
  4. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I bought mine from Aspen Equipment here in Bloomington. These are the other locations. I don't know how much shipping would be or if the other locations have them. They tell me that they make them. They are Western and Boss dealers. Any good welder should be able to make one in a couple of hours.
    Bloomington, MN • (800)888-7671
    Omaha, NE • (402)894-9300
    Ankeny, IA • (800)888-9545
    Duluth, MN • (800)888-2773
  5. RTW5150

RTW5150 Junior Member
    from IL

Thanks for the input, I'm gonna pass on it!
  6. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

i love mine,, on my pro plus,, i had one on my old western too,,, id never be with out one,, with out you back drag, two feet and plow rides up, not with a backdrag edges it just digggs in,, if yougettin snow buit up? when you drop i bang it down,, few times, you aint gonna hurt it, ha