1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by robertpkerrsr@h, Dec 1, 2012.

1. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

Does anyone have any experience with a back drag edge? I have an 8' straight plow. Every driveway I plow I have dead end issues.

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

They work pretty slick. Anyone with a little welding ability can fabricate that pretty easily with angle iron & a cutting edge. Search here in PS and you'll see some examples

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have made a few but if u search craigslist boston a guy had 2 forsale $100 ea

4. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

When I had one on my old straight blade, I loved it. Didn't take long to make either.

5. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Does anyone know of a welder in North NJ that can fabricate a back drag edge for an HD straignt blade, I need one for all of my driveways

6. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

If you have any kind of welding skills, it is no problem to do yourself.

7. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

No, no welding knowledge nor do I have the tools for that type of opperation

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I had them on my Fishers. Worked wonders.