1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edge?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by blee1ash, Sep 19, 2010.

1. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I'm looking for a back drag edge for my 8" foot Hiniker straight blade. My dealer sells them for $225, which I think is too much. I see Central Parts Warehouse has them for Western and Fisher for less than $100.
    Does any one know how different the Western bolt pattern is form Hiniker's? Would it fit if I just torched some new bolt holes?
    Any other other Ideas for a back drag edge that will fit?
    Thank you.

2. TrentM90

TrentM90 Junior Member

im also looking for the same thing except a 8'6 western BD , and a 7"6 western BD , i saw those cheap prices on that website but I wondering how much shipping would amount to be

3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Hey there.
    I'm bringing my plow in on Thursday to get serviced and have a back drag edge put on also. Just to install the new edge, plus parts, I was quoted 200$. The edge was only 119$, then 1.5 hrs labor which is another 85$. I think it's worth it because I'm way too busy to dick around with getting this on by myself.
    Oh yeah. I would try to get a hiniker edge to fit the hiniker blade. Once you start modifying that stuff, it may not sit right. Ya gotta have longer bolts and a hole that's the same size for a snug fit. If you make the hole bigger on a western back drag edge, for a Hiniker blade, it could slip over time. Maybe.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  4. PowerStroke95

PowerStroke95 Junior Member

got mine at dealer for $155. works great

5. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

If you have a poly trip edge plow then you will need one of the split back drag edges to match the split trip edges on the plow.

6. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

7. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

I got one from my dealer for $214, it think it is from that company. I got it last week and just tried it out today. It works even better than I thought it would, but they are still pricey for what they are.

8. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Personally I welded myself one up. If you don't have a welder I'm sure you all do. Get some 1/2" still weld a couple HD brackets on both sides drill a couple holes or use existing holes a call it good that's what me and my guys do on our plows! (If you have a old cutting edge around and it's flat they will work also)