1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edge with new cutting edge question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MSS Mow, Dec 30, 2010.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I just installed a back drag edge on my 9'2" Boss V that has the new style cutting edges. I am getting a slight "windrow" in the middle.

http://www.backdragsnow.com/bossinstall.htm

Does anyone have any experience with these on with the new style cutting edges???

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

If your blade is an older one you may have a gap in the center, I had the same problem with mine had to weld a piece of 1/2 inch steel on one edge to help close the gap.you may aslo have to reset your rubber adjustment after you weld it and also have some snow or a bag of ice to rapidle cool the edge or you will weaken it and it will shader on impact.

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the feedback but as I mentioned above it is the new style cutting edges.

4. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Ya i put new edges on an older blade and I am guesing you have a gap in the center where the 2 pieces are supsed to mne touching?

5. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

8'2" Boss

I tried to put a set on mine from Backdragsnow and unless you have a new set of blades to go with them they don't work.
    I have 1/2" to 5/8" wear on my blades and you can't adjust the backdrag's enough. AJ's response to my $200 purchase was my blades are too worn out buy a new set and I need to set my tower forward.
    My tower is all the way forward. Their site is a little misleading about not having to buy new blades.
    I asked for a refund a couple times and he just kept saying my tower is wrong and the blades are too worn.
    Now I am stuck with a set of $200 blades I can't use.

6. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

That's too bad. Doesn't sound like very good customer service. You'll have to hold on to them until you replace your edges. I was putting on new edges at the same time so it ended up working out for me but I can definately see where if your edges are even slightly worn, you would not be able to adjust the backdrag edge. I was barely able to make them work with brand new edges. Definately misleading on their site!! :realmad: