1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edge question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

2. plowdog

plowdog Member
    from MN

Those edges don't work so great since they wear with the cutting edge. When the cutting edge needs to be replaced, so does the back drag blade. Check out the thread back drag blade from 12-14 wahlturfcare has a short video on one. I run that same set-up on a 9' pro-plus, it's the best inv. for back dragging.
  3. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

on the website click the button that says see how they mount. It shows how they mount.
  4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yeah..and it also shows mounting on a por-standard...not a pro-plus...

i am also interested as i too have a pro-PLUS
  5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

WAYYY too pricey.
  6. jrush

jrush Member
    from ct

I just put one on my Boss 7'6 and love it. It cost me $130 from the local dealer, took 20 min to install. The only thing I can say is the cust service is'nt very good, The dealer did'nt have the bolts for the install, I emailed them if I could buy them on their site, they never got back to me.I started a thread on these b4 I installed it do to a question about the added weight (did'nt get a straight answer from the site) It does accumulate snow with the added space in between the blade which you need to clear and keep an eye on. The powder coat finish was flaking off b4 install. Aside from those issues I think it was worth it.
  7. made my own

Second year for my locally made back-drag edge.
    Cant imagine going with out it.
    I used a length of 3X3 angle and welded bolts for mounting thru the 'shoe' mounts.

Email me for pics because I posted them once and now ps wont let me post again

8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

9. Dissociative

after asking for a picture of how it mounts to a pro-PLUS.. took 3 e-mails to get this anwser..these guys SUCK for customer servise...

My mistake, sorry. Our BackDragBlades won't fit any plow you have.

10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Well THERRRe ya go.....They don't sell as many, so they have to charge more. Personally, I think I like the sound of the 3" angle iron (L) , myself....
  11. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

I just put one on my meyers. Havnt used it yet, no snow.

12. Dissociative

built my own...kickazz...stay tuned....
  13. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Huh...That's interesting. For the Meyer and others, those mount just like the factory Western ones do (between the moldboard and th wear bar), but the ones they make for the Western, bolt differently to the bottom. I wonder why they didn't just change the ones for the Westerns to the same design?
  14. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

chevytruck, if you look at the video i made(thanks plowdog), it shows one that i made for a pre prop plow. I have made them for pro plows and the only difference is the arm coming down from the mount to the cutting edge is longer and the welded plate under the mount plates isnt there. My local dealer reffers me to make them for people, as they like them instead of western's and the complaints they get from them. Also, to use shoes with mine, you just flip it up to use them, then rake them off to use the back drag edge.

I have also made them for v plows too.
  15. Dissociative

if you look at these two pics of my stuff you can see the BIG difference between the pro-STANDARD and the pro-PLUS plows...the plus is on the bottom.....look at the way it has a "u" channel on the bottom....and it's gusseted..lets see some pics of these edges you make for western...the "V" and the "PLUS" for sure...we already saw the regular...