1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag edge for boss plows

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mon4t, Oct 29, 2006.

1. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hello guys

I just bought a new boss 7'6 standard duty plow and i would like to know if they make a back drag edge for the boss plows

Thanks mike

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I was wondering the same thing....

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I think i saw some on that new sponsors site..back drag something .com

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

5. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hey guys,

Thanks for the replys and the information have fun and be safe this year plowing.

Thanks Mike

6. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

7. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

dealer must not need the business!

I have sent BackDrag 3 e-mails and tried their phone number numerous times but no answer on either ways of contact! Must not need the business or they are too busy to reply.Seems like a neat idea but not sure how long the 1/4" piece of steel for the BOSS plows will hold up if you drag it into something.The other backdrags they sell are 3/8" which is a lot heavier .

8. peterk800xc

finally got ahold of them!!

I finally got an answer from Back Drag.The cost shipped to NY is $176.00.This will include new nuts and bolts which earlier on their website were not included.This is for a 7.5 straight blade.Looks like a pretty decent item.Seeing I do a lot of back dragging, I may order 1 especially now with 1/2 off shipping.

9. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hey peterk800xc,

thanks man for all the info you gave me i appreciate it alot and the following up with the back drag company . but i was thinking about something and western make a back drag and around were i live there selling for 100.00 i live in amherst new york close to buffalo new york and i'm wondering if the blade holes would line up with our boss holes . i'm going to check my friends plow he has a western 7'6 ultra mount to see if there the same i will get back soon .

THanks MIke
    Jax landscaping and snowplowing

10. peterk800xc

No problem!!!! Glad to help.

Glad to help you out as many others here have done for me. Not sure if the western holes will line up but the Boss backdrag has oblong holes on it to adjust up or down to allow for your cutting edges wear. I am ordering 1 next week to take advantage of the 1/2 off shipping rate. BTW- guess were are kinda neighbors.I live up in Youngstown NY. Quite the snow you guys had-hope you made alot of $$ as we didnt have a flake here. Pete. ( PETE'S PLOWING)

11. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hey peter,

just was wondering what would you charge for you and your truck to back up another snowplowing company he is my friend i really don't know what the going rate is i was thinking anywhere from $40-$50 an hour what do you think.

Thanks Mike