1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag bounce

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hbrady, Jan 20, 2016.

1. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

My 7'6'' HD has a back drag blad and I'm running shoes right now. The road and driveways I plow are reclaim pavement. Not as nice as pavement but pretty level and packed. I noticed when I back drag in float my plow bounces and headgear shakes pretty good (going extremely slow). If I raise the plow slightly that shaking goes away but then I don't get as good of scrape. Is this typical?
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a custom made backdrag? I made one and it did the same thing till I rounded the edge off with a grinder
  3. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Yes it's custom, here is a picture. The shoes prevent it from swinging down all the way so the angle is almost straight up and down. Provided the ground stays frozen I'll pull the shoes before next storm and see if the helps. If not I'll try the grinder trick.

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

i "think" the back drag angle is a little off I think the angle should be much like the blades cutting g edge obviously in reverse
  5. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

The angle in picture is not the angle when dragging, the drag drops down when blade is lifted then swings forward as you start to back drag. If it ever snows again I'll test without shoes on and see if that helps.
  6. J.onathan

J.onathan Junior Member

The back drag edge at a 90 degree from the plowing surface will cause it to bounce. Most dack drag edges have a bit of a angle to them
  7. ResslerLawnCare

ResslerLawnCare Junior Member
    from Minot

Scrap your current plow and get yourself a Snoway. I run the Snoway 26R with down pressure and its amazing. I have no problems scrapping both directions.
  8. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

Looks like need to move up where it is bolted a couple inches but could just be the picture.