1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landscaper3, Nov 18, 2002.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Hello we are looking for a company who makes and sell front back drag blades for a few of our trucks. We cant run rear blades all trucks have sanders and have seen inexpensive front ones but forgot where we did see them?
  2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I think there is a manufacturer that makes a front plow that can change from a conventional plow to a back drag plow. Hinker!, I think thats the name of the company.

I also saw some info. on front back drag blades in the latest issue of Snow business magazine. I will try and find it.

3. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

Hiniker makes a backdragging plow called the C- Plow.
    I bought one last year and though it saw limited use (no snow)
    I was impressed with its backdragging capabilities. The blade is
    hindged in the middle with a cutting edge on top, so when dragging
    you have a cutting edge on the ground.
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I really like that design as well, however we dont get enough snow to justify buying a new anything :(
    Here's a link tho their website:

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

6. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Try Crysteel Truck Equipment, they have a drawing of one on their site. I'm home for lunch or I would try to find a link for you.

Also, try a search of Plowsite. This was discussed a few weeks back. There was an actual picture of a backdrag blade that a welding shop had made. Looked pretty slick to me.

Hope this will help out,
    Mark K
  7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Try a local welding shop or email me and I will set you up with a welder that makes mine. You can see a pic of mine in this thread( are two blades better than one)