1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag Blade ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Dec 29, 2002.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

I saw a new Pro plow plus on Westerns site , some one on here had mentioned it in anotehr thread... And I was wondering if those back drag blades are available for normal plows ??? Where could they be found at ???

2. Mark4

Mark4 Junior Member

Back blade

The dealer told me ,just on the big plow for now.looks like a good idea

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Do you guys think that this back drag edge would make it easier to get hung up on a curb? Like if you are pushing over a curb and don't raise the blade high enough, wouldn't it make getting caught on things more likely?

4. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

back drag

those back drag blades need a trip edge too

5. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

there nice but i really don`t see a need for one.my westerns do fine with the regular blades back blading.sometimes when you have a little ice then it can be tuff scraping that up but a little salt helps in that matter.the hiniker C plow is the way to go for back plowing.i have one of those on my personal truck works wonders