1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag Blade

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WI OLY, Dec 7, 2007.

1. WI OLY

WI OLY Junior Member

Thinking of buying one and installing. My questions are? Are they worth it ? Are they hard to install? Which is best? I have a 8.5 and 10 ft Pro Western and back drag alot of commercial accounts. The standard blade does OK but was just wondering if its worth putting on a back drag? Thanks! Please respond!

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i built hinged ones for my trucks and love em as they make it so much easier.

3. tlrlc

tlrlc Member

not sure

i got the western pro plus 9' last season with the back drag edge.
    i used it on residential drives to back drag and was not impressed.
    i didn't use it that much but definatelly not what i thought it would do.
    just my 2 cents

4. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

I agree, i too put one on my 8.6 pro and was not impressed one bit, not much difrence between that and just the blade..

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Wahl,
    I just mentioned yours not long ago in another thread (there was a guy that was selling them for about 900 bucks. Can you please post a link to the thread that has the pics and vid of yours in it?

6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member