1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RYASON, Sep 27, 2004.

1. RYASON

RYASON Junior Member

When Would A Back Drag Blade Be Used, And Can It Be Used In All Plowing Applications. Pretty New Here And Gearing Up For My First Real Season. I Will Be Plowing Mostly Driveways And Maybe A Few Small Commercial Lots. Just Want To Be Prepared. This Site Is Awsome. Thanks.

Ryason
    2000 F250 Diesel
    7.5 Unimount

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

RAYSON, Welcome to Plowsite. Keep an eye on the thread titled Western, it might give you some ideas about the back drag blades and their applications.

3. RYASON

RYASON Junior Member

Thank You For The Welcome And Advise

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

BackDrag Blades are for driveways

Last year my buddy tried one out on his 8' fisher before the rest of us did. I wish I was the guinea pig instead. They work great! Usually priced between $200-$300. Its just a piece of steel on a hinge that when you back up it pops down, lifting the plow up and putting great pressure on the drive(the heavier the plow the better). It will scape the driveway clean. Obviously it does nothing for pushing.

5. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Do you know where I can get a Blade for a Fisher 8'

I saw that your buddy had a 8' fisher with a back drag blade. Where can you pick one up? I have one on my truck and would like to get one.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

BJH, I'm confused

If you have one on your truck, why do you need one?
    Any way, you'll have to ask around at the local plow dealers, if they don't sell them, they usually know who will put one on for you.

7. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

Grn Mtn,

I apologize for not being a little clearer in my message. I have a fisher plow but am looking for a back drag blate. I will try my local dealer and see what they can do for me.

Thanks