1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rogerthompson50, Jan 20, 2011.

1. rogerthompson50

rogerthompson50 Junior Member

Well here is the back drag blade my dad and I built for my plow. The blade is a piece of 3/8 x 4" flat bar. Along the back side I welding a piece of 1/8 x 2 x 2 angle iron for reinforcement. To attach the back drag blade to the plow we used the trip edge mounts. We made the blade a few inches narrower than the plow on both sides. We did this so that when the plow is fully angled, the back drag blade is not sticking out beyond the edge of the plow. It seems to work pretty good so far!

DSCF5154.jpg

DSCF5150.jpg

The original 3/4" pins that mount the trip edge wern't long enough, so we made a couple of new ones.
    DSCF5152.jpg

When not in use I can fold it up out of the way. The trip edge can be fully tripped back and will not interfere with the back drag blade.
    DSCF5159.jpg

DSCF5158.jpg

DSCF5154.jpg

DSCF5150.jpg

DSCF5152.jpg

DSCF5159.jpg

DSCF5158.jpg

2. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Very Nice Thumbs Up