1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag Blade

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Arloslawn, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I Have had the snowdogg hd for a year and like it so far and im about to buy another one to put on my 2001 2500hd. I was wondering if anyone tried installing a western back drag blade.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Back drag edges for the straight plows were just released. Your dealer can call us for details (if they don't already have them).

That's a lot easier than drilling a bunch of new holes...

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Hey Scott, I have had people asking about plow repair kits for the doggs...are those in the works?

4. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Is there going to be a back drag edge for the MD75?

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

yes there is

6. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

How much are they?

7. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Do uhave a backdraging edge for the md68 scott ?

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

9. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Thanks for quick response Scott

10. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

It's funny how they just came out with this, after I just had one made.

11. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Contacted my lousy local dealer in Benton Harbor and he was clueless and pretty much could careless... Contacted the dealer in Grand Rapids who I bought my MD75 from. He was not aware but said he would get back with me... half hour later he called me back and confirmed, Said it would be around $70 for the MD75 ... i will be getting one after the 1st of Jan.... I will drive up to GR and buy from them. Snowdogg needs to pull the line from the current knucklehead in Benton Harbor.... The older guy is simply an ass....

gb

12. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Thanks a lot, glad I didnt end up buying the western.

13. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

The problem with this type of back-drag edge, is it divides the weight of the plow between
    the 2 edges, So you get less down pressure on your forward push and on the back drag-edge.
    The better way is to have the hinged swinging type back drag. It does a much bette job.

Bob

14. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Where do I get the hinged blade or did you make it yourself? I can fab some stuff together via welding, drilling, etc; but I would prefer to buy a bolt on part.

Thanks!!

15. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

We have built our own. There are a bunch of different pictures on here if you do a search.
    The site doesnt allow us to post the pictures more than once.
    You can use an old worn edge or just purchase a pc of 3/8 thick by 3in metal and make your own. Its not hard to build.

Bob

16. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I have a 8' western pro and just put the western backdrag edge on. It works great! Backdragging snow away from garage doors have been so much easier. Ive plowed enough with it allready that the 2 edges are even level on the ground now. I still get a great forward push when im clearing. No problems here... i like it. The kit was about $130 for edge and new hardware.

17. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Anybody have one of the OEM units yet? Just curious how the install went or if anyone has used it yet. Not much to them.

We did look at the "swing" backdrag edges (mentioned above), which are clever. However, we opted for the simpler, traditional back drag edge.

18. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

DId any go out to B&B in Grand Rapids yet... If so I'll be heading up Monday!

gb

19. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

I got mine today will put it on tonight or tomorrow

20. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Waiting on my dealer to get back to me just need it to come in.