1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag blade?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jhenderson9196, Nov 14, 2010.

1. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

How do you like you're back drag blade(plow mount, not receiver mount) and do you prefer a fixed mount or one that hinges behind the main edge? I have some loading docks with over-hanging roof lines that drop heavy, wet snow that packs hard and fast. I run a Boss 8FT. Thanks.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I love my backdrag edge it is a swing type

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I just got a fixed mount for this season. I am not sure, but I would think the fixed mount is going to make the cutting edges last longer, since I will have two surfaces touching all the time.

4. The Viking

The Viking Junior Member

Hello all
    I have a fair bit of back dragging to do this year, but not enough to warrant a "Plow Partner". Does anyone know where I can find someone to fabricate a swing type back drag edge for an older steel Arctic plow, In the Toronto Ontario area? I would prefer someone with a little experience working on plows.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

5. BGehl

BGehl Member

6. The Viking

The Viking Junior Member

Thanks for the link & great pics.
    Anybody know someone who does this type of work in Toronto? I just flipped the blade on my Arctic, but there was a lot of crud built up under the cutting edge, the steel moldboard has seen better days. I'm looking for something that will last maybe 5 years ...not 50, but that sure does look like some bad-ass fabrication work. See if he know anyone up here.LOL

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

any good welding shop or a fabricator will do it

8. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

THERE IS A FELLOW THAT DOES TRAILER AND PLOW WORK IN WHITBY...HE HELPED ME ALONG TIME AGO WHEN MY LANDSCAPE TRAILER AXLE SNAPPED. LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1 KM EAST OF THICKSON ON #2. LEFT ON SCOTT TO LLOYD CORNER OF. i'M SURE HE HAS MADE MANY OF THESE OVER THE YEARS. MAPQUEST WILL GIVE YOU A VISUAL MAP.wil get a phone number if you pm me...arg caps

9. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I have a 8' western pro and just put the western backdrag edge on. It works great! Backdragging snow away from garage doors have been so much easier. Ive plowed enough with it allready that the 2 edges are even level on the ground now. I still get a great forward push when im clearing. No problems here... i like it. The kit was about $130 for edge and new hardware.