1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag blade with or without shoes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AAA SnowRemoval, Dec 22, 2009.

1. AAA SnowRemoval

AAA SnowRemoval Junior Member

I just installed my new wings and a new back drag blade simular to the ones western has on my western plow, question is do you guys run your shoes with a back drag blade? I run my shoes loose so they will spin with the blade down.

I run my shoes cuz my 2 track street is gravel and it keeps the blade from bitting into the ice and spinning me around.

I did try it today with the shoes and it did not seem to affective and the 2 blade are flat even when the blade is down.

Thanks Jim
  2. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

I dont use any shoes on my plow. :)
  3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wait... It must be different on the Western but on a Fisher with a backdrag blade you cant run shoes also?
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Western with a back drag and don't run shoes.
    I think it is whatever one's preference is.
  5. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

the only shoes i run is in my feet, LOL !! but i keep them in the truck just in case.