1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back drag blade on HDs

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MatthewG, Nov 15, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Is it possible to put a back drag blade on the trip edge HDs? I was just sitting at work thinking about this without being able to examine my plow or even investigate if Fisher makes something like this.
  2. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Not sure if fisher makes the kit but 99% of snow plows in Quebec have back drags. If u take a look at mny pics u should be able to see how its done. Ill try posting some pics tonight
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

There's no "kit" per se, but anyone with a little welding skill can fabricate a bolt-up edge with arms to the back of the HD. I don't have any photos of mine, but there are several guys here that have done just that.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is a back drag edge you can buy. I just asked for info this morning from one of the vendors to the left of this screen. Apparently you need to cut notches in it where the trip springs are but other than that it bolts right up.
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I have zero welding skills or ability, but I look forward to pics, just got a job that will need a fair amount of back dragging. I guess an 8'6" should be heavy enough to at least drag snow back the length of the truck, until I can turn around and push out?? :nod:
  6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass