1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag blade flipping down....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Nov 24, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I have a BDB that pivots on 5 bolts mounted on the lower support of the plow. I've noticed that the BDB tends to catch and "flip" down which raises the plow up an inch or so and doesn't scrape well at all, might as well not even have one.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does the edge just need to wear down a little?

This is one of those times that a picture is worth a thousand words. Wish I had a digital camera.

Thanks for any help,

Joel B.

2. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

I've found that tightnening the springs and adding weight (ballast) to the back of the truck helps. I was told about the weight by a wiser old-timer, but it helped. Also check the angle of the plow frame to the ground, it should be parrellel. Change pin holes, up or down, if the angle is incorrect.

The blade tripping happens the most this time of year til you get the bumps smoothed off and filled in. It will continue to happen under certain circumstances throughout the season unless you take care of the above issues.