1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag and Cutting Edge q's

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mrplowjr_ez_v, Oct 31, 2006.

1. mrplowjr_ez_v

mrplowjr_ez_v Member

OK its that time, I need a new cutting edge, and noticed that Western, now sells a backdrag that goes between the cutting edge, and what would be the trip edge if it were a fisher.

Anyone know if these are worth a poo? how spendy are they? do they make one that fits a fisher, can one be easily modified to fit?

Next question:

The old Man's got a huge cutting edge it must be 9 inches high and about 1/2 thick anyone seen anything like this? The place he got it is now out of business.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

back Drag

Go to www.backdragsnow.com. The site has all types of really great back edges. The one they sell for the Western pro-plow are 3/8" thick
  3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Fisher only offer the back drag edges on the new X-V.
    I run 5/8"x6" carbide edges on my ez-v, you have to be careful going with an 8" edge on a trip edge plow, because of the extra torque loading on the trip edges and spring mounts, you will start bending things.

4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

when i bought my used truck, on the mm plow it had a cutting edge that was atleast 7 inches wide, this thing was huge, it was off a town truck and was cut down to fit,, and three spring mounts were bent from it !!!
  5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

They sell both 6" and 8" cutting edges, but the 8" ones are a little too heavy and are more wear and tear on the hydraulic motor than they are worth.