1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back drag addition

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landscaper3, Oct 26, 2001.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We seen a few guys running back drag plows on there FRONT blades, looks like they used the shoe brackets to keep them on. Unfortunetly we didnt get a chance to chat we run 3 trucks and would like to try them out anyone know if Fisher or Diamond sells these or are they custom made. Thanks--
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

These are custom made I think I remember seeing a link to a site on it at one time. Maybe if you do a search but it might not be on here. ANyone remember???
  3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

We built 3 of them on a spur of the moment last winter. Trucks were getting too long with pull plows. They work well, not as well as a pull plow. You need either 1/2 flat bar, or 1/4 angle iron, and a cutting edge, and some more flat bar. Run a you bolt the cutting edge, to a piece of flat bar the lenght of the plow. At the two ends of the plow, you put a piece of angle iron or flat bar, 90 deg to the cutting edge. Then bolt the flat bar or angle iron, to the outside rib of the plow on each side.

4. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

here is one type of pull plow ur talking about it is made by hiniker and is called a C-plow here check it out http://www.hiniker.com/ you can see a little video on it and view the specifications of it.

Hope this helped some

Adam :D
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would not buy it! Read some previous posts on Hiniker before you invest in one of their products.
  6. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

While that may be considered a pull plow, it isn't a back blade type pull plow that most people consider a pull plow or back plow.
  7. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

No on the C-Plow we were looking for back-drags on our 3, 9' Fishers and 1 for our 8' Diamond. They bolt up to your shoe holes i think and they look like cutting edges turned around. We have worn cutting edges and gonna try to weld a bracket in the tops of them to slide in the original shoe holes whith a quick release pin. We dont run shoes its the first thing that gets ripped off so we could use these to mount them in.
  8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Those are trip edge blades. Make sure that the edge can still trip without interfering with the frame. Also remeber that the backdrag edge will not trip. If you put it at an angle then it may dig in just like a normal edge would going forward. This could damage the surface, plow or truck.

Just a few thoughts to keep in mind when designing.
  9. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

How about a picture of this setup?
  10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

They work all most as good as a pull plow . I that all I have used till last winter . They do not do any damage to the pavement and most of the time when your back draging you only a truck length and when your plowing forward the back drag blade itself goes up so your plow trips normal. Mine have always been conected to the plow on the sidestrips of the blade. Had a pic somewhere but cannot find it.