1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back blading

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rmartini27, Oct 5, 2011.

1. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

I am about to buy a 8' X BLADE, I was wondering if anyone knows of a back blading edge to put on that plow? I have a couple small accounts that I need it for and Fisher doesn't make one for the X blade. i havent looked at the X blade or the Fisher edge for the XV but from photos it looks like it could be altered to fit? not sure though any one got any ideas or thoughts they are willing to share?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

3. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

hows it holding up

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Excellent it took alittle bit to break in the edge but its a clean scrape every time. No more Shoveling infront of garage doors, just drive up,drop the blade and drag.I'm sure it would mount ride to the x blade.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The Xblade actually backdrags pretty well because of the attack angle/weight. I don't know of anyone who makes an edge for them, but you can fab one similar to chevyzrule's.

6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

http://www.welding-ma.com/plow-repair heres a link to a welder that makes back drag edges and on this page theres a video of one on an xblade I think of see his ads on craigslist before.

7. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

Thanks Wolfmobile that is the nicest back blade i have seen so far

8. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

No problem I also found another place to that made a back drag edge for an xblade heres the link. http://www.arcweldingco.com/snowplowframesparts/