1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Blades

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firelwn82, Dec 14, 2007.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Who runs with them? Who likes them? How many different brands are there? Who's the best in your opinion?
    I'm thinking about putting one on next year. I picked up 2 condo's this year and back dragging sucks goat balls. I'm wasting tons of time doing it this way. So yeah thats all for now, start throwin your opinions at me that be Greeeeat.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

4. firelwn82

Thanks Ryan, good info but I still don't have names except Artic and Daniels. Is that the only two company's? or are there more? I like that swing wing. Who makes it? What did it set you back?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Brandon I think that Jon made that him self?. I also would like some names of some of the brands or makers if you will. I can't find any searches on yahoo or google either.

Sorry if I am jacking your thread Brandon, but were both in the same boat you know.

Ryan

6. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I run a Snowman and its the greatest thing i've ever bought. Down Pressure, Real High Lift. I bought this one over the daniels because it lifts up so while driving its parallel with the truck. The best one out there now i believe...well besides Jon Geer's haha.

7. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

8. firelwn82

Really. Well he needs to make me one. I like the snowman myself. Being able to keep the spreader would be awesome. Now RYAN STOP jackin my thread dude, use your own for god sake. lol :drinkup:

9. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I have found most of the pics on here. as soon as I figure how to post em I will show all the dif ones so you can get an idea of how to make it. or just email me for the pics. it's in my signature.

10. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

heres some pics.. number 2 & 3 go together and the last one (bottom right) can go with # 3 also.

backdrag2.jpg

backdrag 5.JPG

backdrag hookup for 5.JPG

backdrag 8.jpg

back drag.JPG

11. firelwn82

Thanks StreetFrog but not what I'm talking about. Well if you could show me they do a better job I might think about it.

12. firelwn82

Anyone else? How do the Snowman products hold up and can I use it with my Buyers tailgate spreader?

13. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Snowman make a back blade that will work with a spreader. Check out the link at top of page. Also check out the forum titled " Snowman Plows" there is some good info there too.

14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i know you wanted info on back plows but have you considered a hiniker C plow. they are AWESOME at backdragging and can peel up hardpack too backdragging.

15. homemade back drag and yard guard

second effort to post a pic
    pm for more

Plow yardguard-backdrag 002.jpg

16. firelwn82

Yeah I thought of the hiniker when I purchased my blizzard, I don't want another plow I LOVE my Blizzard. I thought about fabing up a back drag edge for my plow but I hate drilling holes in something and fudging it up. What do you mean when you say yard guard? What the H is that. I have been doing this for a minute and never heard of that before.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The yard guard is a piece of round stock welded onto the bottom of the cutting edge so it will ride over the top of the yard instead of digging in. Look at the pic above, and look at the origanal cutting edge on that plow. It is rounded on the bottom My first plow had that and I hated it.

18. yard guards are very common up here
    there are long dirt and gravel drives.
    Until we can get them frozen, the pipe keeps her from digging in.
    Much better for going over unfrozen grass on the edge.
    Still have to watch the corners with an angled blade (usually straighten will help)

tc

19. firelwn82

Hey was I askin you Mr. Smarty? lol. Thanks Ry. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks for the learning lessons guys. I'll have to get ya a beer even though I don't think they'll scrape very well with that crap on the edge. But I have never used one so who knows.

20. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Consider SuperPlow not only eliminates back dragging but can plow in reverse saving time and payup
    But of course I'm partial :D