1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back blades

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 9, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys lets see some pics of your back blades. I am looking into putting on my truck next winter and I would like to see what you guys are running and how they mount and what not.

Ryan

2. a.m.animal

a.m.animal Junior Member

I installed a daniels pullplow this year,I'm glad i have it.Snowman and arctic backplows should also be considerd.

dougs plow truck 003.jpg

dougs plow truck 006.jpg

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I installed a Drift Buster (They are/were manifactured locally) this fall. I got it from another member on here. Still needs some tweeking. I haven't mastered it yet either. I also have an arctic for the other truck. Doesnt seem as heavy duty.

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  4. tssmokeya

tssmokeya Junior Member
    from ohio

my neighbor has a 7' 6" straight boss for sale. it came on a F250 he bought and he never used it. its new enough to have the smart hitch. think he wants 1800 for it. its in Marion Ohio. call me if interested 740-225-0505. Thanks, Scott

5. Chadly1980

Chadly1980 Junior Member

Being a non-plower...what does the back blade do for you? Do you have both down (like I saw in that one video posted everywhere on this site) and it makes for a cleaner pass?

6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Chadly- They are nice for areas you would normally have to back drag with a front mounted plow. Areas such as, in front of garage doors, loading docks etc. They save a lot of time especially when doing a lot of residential accounts.

7. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

How does the pull plow hydraulics work? I see the lift cylinder on the plow, and the lines running through the bed. Is there a pump or something somewhere else?

8. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

What is the price of the Daniels plow.

9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Pump Is in Tool Box

DSCF0013.JPG

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

That back balde looks nice

11. a.m.animal

a.m.animal Junior Member

My pump is in a topcon survey case (laser level case) in yellow,located in the bed.I'll get a pic of the case open.I paid $300 for the plow and pump,but it was in need of sandblasting and paint.I have about a $1000 into it.

dougs plow truck 007.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Great pics guys keep em coming. I am looking into a 8 footer that opens up to 12 feet. All hydrolically. It is going to be my summer project. I know I want a 4 link and dual lift cylinders. I found a cheap used one in muskegun mi for 350. it is just the plow, no pump or linkage. So I figure I can go from there. I am not buying it until spring.

13. a.m.animal

a.m.animal Junior Member

I know what you mean by wanting an 8 footer to go to 12 with a flick of switch.That set-up would have worked great for me years ago.Thats what makes every truck on this site very unique to their own specs to complete their run in a timely manner.My truck for instance has to be as narrow as possible for the work i do.

dougs plow truck 010.jpg

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yep very true, nobodys trucks are going to be the same, as nobodys route is the same. Anybody else have any pics of theres?. Does anybody have a good link to any back blades on yahoo or google? I tried to search on there, but all they bring up are the back drag edges for the front plows

Ryan

15. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

16. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks but no thanks on the superplow. I need something where I can get some downpressure on it. Know what I mean, doesn't look like you can do that with that plow. I am not bashing them, but it just isn't want I am looking for. Nobody has pics of there back blades. I know people have got them, I guess people just are selfish and don't want to share pics. (just kidding)

Ryan

17. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

Ryan, I just got an 8' Ebling mounted last week. I'll try to get some pictures, but I'm sure you're familier with them, since they're in your back yard. I love it and after one snow event I can't wait for the next snow! As much as I love plowing, this took it to the next level. Already making plans for next summer to get some hyd. wings added.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  18. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

19. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

20. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Here is my Daniel's 7 years old second truck. The hydraulic pump is next to the turbo under the hood and I mounted a rocker switch on the side of the front plow controller for up/down.[/ATTACH]

060318.2smaller.jpg

060318.3smaller.jpg