1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back blades.... one more thing.....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tkrepairs, Jan 21, 2008.

1. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i've read quite a bit about the addition of a back blade to a plow. they all seem fairly easy to make if you have the equipment, and they look like they work really well. i haven't seen any comments on one particular area of the back blade. when stacking snow, i tend to drive up the bank a little and the plow gets lifted by the bank higher than the lift can naturally get it. this means i can't lift the blade any higher. i need to drag it back a little as im backing out of the bank for it to fall down to the point where its held up by the lift and chains. i would think that the back drag edge would cause a hang up at this point and leave me stranded in the bank. either that or i would have to forfeit the ability to keep snow pushed back as far and as high as i like.

someone please tell me there is no such issue and they can stack to the moon with their edge!!!

2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I have never been hung up back drag edge. And I stack high enough for the snow to come back over the blade AND cover my hood to the windshield. So don't worry about it. Besides it will be a swinging item so when all te way up there it is still hanging straight down. ie not close to the snow.