1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

???!!!Back Blade!!???

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by dodgeram1500, Jan 18, 2009.

1. dodgeram1500

dodgeram1500 Junior Member

Ok newcomer here, been reading through some of the posts but ive been wondering there isnt many companies that ive seen that sell back blades. Was wondering if anyone has any templates to build one??? want to build a single cylinder 2 way pump system going to mount it to a steel bumper. first plow truck ive had but my buddy owns a plowin company and hes the one who suggested i just build one im pretty good at fabricating. any suggestions or templates would be awsome :)

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

WOW, your here in GR and cant find anyone that builds a back blade here?

Try B&B truck equipment, Ebling and Sons, Allied Truck Equipment carries the Snowman and this guy still had a Daniels for sale when i talked to him last week http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=63247.

3. dodgeram1500

on a budget bud. why have someone else build and pay them for it when i can build it myself? i just need templates or something would be nice if available, if not ill just have to design one

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

if you like i can take specs from mine and post them

backplow3.JPG

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It will probably be cheaper to buy a used one than to build one IMO

6. kashman

yes it would i got mine for the price of the pump 650.0

7. dodgeram1500

ya ive tried looking for some used ones on craigslist and crap but cant find any, the is what its called correct? a back blade? or are there other names to search for? and if u could take specs of ur blade for me that would be awsome i could get started on it this week :)

8. Crash935

Call the guy in the link that i listed, he had a daniels for alot cheaper than you will build one. Trust me, i know what it takes to build them.

9. dodgeram1500

cheapest he has is that 1900 thats way out of budget, i could get a $300 rebuilt pump w/ warranty, $75 cylinder, $150 worth of hose and rest is just metal to weld together. lookin at around a grand max, just need some teplates or dimension to go on

10. kashman

pull plow , back blade , hitch plow , rear plow ill get the specs for ya 2day

11. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 4 arm weldment(the part on the truck) and the 4 arms. just need a blade. give me a call if interested.

12. dodgeram1500

how much u asking?

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:eek: :laughing:

Why don't you just drive over and ask them then? Never mind all the work, testing, designing, etc, etc they've put into building their own.

Next, I bet you can build a front blade cheaper than DD or Meyer or SnoWay can make one, just build your own.

Listen to him, he knows whereof he speaks.

Or don't, it's your money.

You already have all the answers, why are you asking questions on how to build it?

I'll give you a hint, it's not as easy or simple as it looks.

PS Just saw the original date on this thread. Too bad I missed it when he first posted, oh well, the answers still work.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  14. Crash935

Just glad to see your staying on top of things there Mark.

15. Mark Oomkes

Hey, at least it didn't get deleted.

And even if I was a little late to the party, it was a good reply, wasn't it?

16. Crash935

Great reply,

wouldnt expect anything less from you.

17. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Hello, Does anyone or know of anyone who has a used back blade for sale. Also does anyone have a phone number or web site listing for B&B Trucking in Grand Rapids. Thanks.

18. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Back blade

Please contact me in regards to a back blade Jerry 248-953-9784 or jkoz2002@sbcglobal.net thanks

19. Mark Oomkes

Why????

The only plow they're better than is that SnowPig.

20. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

Why???????????????? Because I would like to contact them.