1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Richard123, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

Well it’s that time again....last season I has designed a back blade system for my Fisher plow. Worked great until a nut case in a jeep tried to climb the hill I was plowing and rolled back into the side of my plow and wreck the back blade.

Well now I am going to make one for my new truck and new Boss plow.
    Last time I found some designs here on PlowSite....Trying to search under back blade put the search functions seem to be not working.

Any one know where these posts went to????

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Be sure to post pics of this project. I know we all would like to see what you have goin on!

3. Lawnboy89

Lawnboy89 Member
    from CT

Wanna do one for me too? :waving:

Lol jp, hey where abouts are you in CT? I'm in East Haven

4. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

East Haven also.................

5. Richard123

Richard123 Member
    from CT

I will be designing my own and will put up the photos..

At this point I have the blade itself. The blade is actually a cutting edge off of a town plow truck. This should work perfectly as I used it last time 2 seasons ago. The design on the old truck was not the best and the mounting brackets that where free flowing got totaled out when a jeep slid into it.

The new system will use the same cutting edge. I am designing an external cylinder that will position the blade when needed instead of relying on gravity and angle of the bracket while in reveres.