1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

back blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Nov 28, 2006.

1. i have a 8 1/2ft back blade and right now i have wings to fold out and make it 10ft. is there any other ways to extend it wider then the wings looking for some other kind of ideas. also if someone has pics then sides of the blade are just bolted on so they come off.
  2. snoking

snoking Senior Member

mine are either fixed or have 4 foot wings that fold out.

the olny other one ive seen is the one that slides out, but if you twist it its broke wont slide in or out. at least with a swing wing you could replace the wing if you hit something, im on wing number 4..lol

why dont yo like it??
  3. i havent used it yet i just bought it from a buddy of mine he put the wings and stuff on it was just seeing if there was something that might be a little better way
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Who made the plow?
  5. its from b&b truck equipment not sure what kind it is
  6. Mark Oomkes

Does it slide out or fold out?

If it slides it's an Extendaplow and can't be made larger very easily.

It's probably a SwingWIng and I believe you can get larger wings made up if you want for it. Check with Jon Geer, he should be able to help out.
  7. it was just a regular 8.5ft backblade and my buddy took the side plates and cut them in half and added a one foot wing to it.
  8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

PM me and we should set up a time to get what you want taken care of. I can Fab something up if needed. Booked this week with snow coming on Friday, especially with 3 trucks to fully setup.

Let me know.

9. Mark Oomkes

I hope these wings are removeable as the width limit on state roads is 102". Anything over that is illegal unless you have a permit.