1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HEStufrthnnails, Feb 9, 2011.

1. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

For those of you that have a back blade,how often do you use it ? I've been very interested in buying a back blade,but I'm wondering if it would be worth the investment.I do plow a couple of appartment complexs,and parking areas that do have those nice boxed in, little parking areas that always drift the worse. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,Brad

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Is there not enough of these back blade threads????

Could you not have posting this question in one of the other ones?

I like myn and use it the od time

3. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

Never leave my shop to plow without mine and i wouldnt plow without one ever again!

4. HEStufrthnnails

Thanks Pitt. For the input. Sorry Triple.I didn't see that many and most are on brands,not rather if it is worth the investment or not. Brad

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I'm putting one on my truck that should be done tomorrow. If you want to come check it out, pull some snow with it let me know. I know I can use it at almost every account I have and I hated not having one from the start of winter. Its costing me time which = $$$

6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I have one on my Western. Well worth the money spent.

7. HEStufrthnnails

Hi x-system,What kind did you decide on?

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I'm putting an older B&B on now I picked up a few months ago that needed some work. I also built one from scratch but I am going to mate that one to an Ebling hitch. You can find them pretty cheap but your not going to get a quick hitch with a cheap one. I'm going to get an Ebling next season for sure, probably a 14 footer.

9. HEStufrthnnails

I've seen the newer B&B's. Theres a dealer in Big Rapids.They look heavy built.I'd really like a Ebling or a ASI snowhog,but like you said there not cheap. So I'm thinking along the lines of a daniels,or a snoman. So where are you from?

10. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I'm in Ionia county, east side. The new B&B quick hitch is not to bad as far as price for a 7' or 8'. I think Eblings are around $800 to $1000 more for the same size but I've never seen a bent ebling. I've seen a lot of bent B&B's.

11. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Can someone post manufacturers links for Daniels, Ebling, B&B etc? Thanks

12. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict